Buying a property can be fun and exciting when working with Mike Andrews. There are some basic steps to follow for this to happen.
- Have an in-depth conversation with Mike Andrews about your specific needs. The more we understand: why you are moving, who is moving with you, career interests, lifestyle, special interests, retirement, children’s needs, family needs, special needs, your dreams and more, the better we can do as a real estate professional to find you the exact property that fits who you are and what you want and need.
- Speak with a mortgage broker or bank and get approved for a home loan/mortgage. Get a full approval not just a pre-approval. There is a major difference. A full approval means you have submitted all the required documents to your lender, including: bank statements, tax returns, employment verification, assets statements and more. By having a full approval we can make aggressive offer to sellers and prove that you can close on the loan and not just speculate and hope to get the loan. This is extremely helpful to us because now we can aggressively negotiate on your behalf and potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars possibly more.
- Determine exactly what you want and need to have in your home. This is also very important because it allows us to be very specific when we’re researching and finding your home, this way we’re only showing you properties that match your exacting needs and wants. Questions you should ask yourself are:
- Property type: Single Family Home, Condo, Townhome?
- Minimum number of bedrooms and baths required?
- Minimum living sqft?
- Minimum age built?
- Frontage: Ocean, Lake, Cul-da-sac, Intracoastal, Gated community, Salt water canal etc.?
- In-ground pool?
- Maximum price or maximum monthly mortgage payment?
- And anything else you desire?
4 Once you’ve completed steps 1-3 completely you are going to have more fun and excitement when previewing homes with us and making an offer. All of the upfront difficult items have been resolved and now you can just focus on finding your dream home.